Simple, 30-minute BBQ jackfruit burgers that will fool any meat lover! A crunchy, cool avocado slaw and roasted salted cashews add even more texture and flavor. The perfect vegan substitute for pulled pork!
PREP TIME 5 minutes
COOK TIME 25 minutes
TOTAL TIME 30 minutes
BBQ JACKFRUIT (PULLED PORK)
- BBQ (Pulled Pork Flavor ) BASIK
AVACADO SLAW (optional)
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 lemon or lime
- Salt + pepper (to taste)
- Water (to thin)
- 2 cups shredded cabbage + carrots
- 4-6 whole grain vegan buns (GF for gluten-free eaters)
- 1/2 cup roasted salted cashews (or roast on your own*)
- Heat the Bbq Pulled Pork Basik Jackfruit on a skillet.
- In the meantime, make slaw by adding all ingredients except vegetables (avocado through salt + pepper) to a small mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Thin with water until a thick sauce is made, then add veggies and toss to coat. Set in the refrigerator until serving.
- Once the jackfruit has been properly simmered, turn up the heat to medium-high and cook for 2-3 more minutes to get a little extra color/texture
- Place generous portions of slaw on the bottom buns, top with a generous serving of BBQ jackfruit, and cashews. Serve with extra BBQ sauce!